Monday, March 25, 2013

Mother-Daughter "Matzoh Manicure" Fun with Sally Hansen!

Sunday nights at our house I'm all about getting ready for the week ahead. Kids rooms picked-up at least a little bit, backpacks emptied of papers, important or otherwise, and clothes washed by me but put away by the smaller set.

Then, once the chores part of our evening is over, my daughters and I - and my three-year-old son if he wants to join the fun - have our weekly manicures. My girls love to pick fun, bright colors and when possible have their nails match what's happening that week.

Last week, of course, had to be sparkly green for St. Patrick's Day.


So when I had an opportunity from Collective Bias to try out Sally Hansen nail products, I knew this was something that would be perfect for my daughters and me to try out our latest nail art ideas.

For this week, we have a couple of good choices. One idea was frosty white, because even though it's officially spring, we've got a forecast for snow. Another was to do a Passover theme, since we'll be celebrating this holiday for eight nights starting Monday night.

My girls liked the idea of painting the ten plagues, but that was a little complicated for my limited nail art abilities.

We finally decided on a brown and white pattern for a fun holiday matzoh manicure!

We thought we would do it using a brown base coat (the exact shade is Forbidden Fudge) and a white crackle top coat (named perfectly given the weather, Snow Blast),


but as it turned out the crackle effect wasn't as matzoh-y as we thought it would be, so we went back and did our nails instead with a white base coat topped with brown flecks added by hand for a fun, more modern matzoh-y look. We all loved it, and our nails are ready for Passover celebrations.


We purchased the items we used for this I Heart Nail Art project from Walgreens.com, as well as from my local Walgreens store. Shopping at Walgreens online is so easy, and there's even free shipping for purchases of $25 or more.


And until March 30, 2013, all Sally Hansen Insta Dri products are buy one get one free. Sally Hansen also has lots of Runway-inspired ideas like I Heart Nail Art - Animal Instinct on Walgreens.com.

Do you paint your nails for holidays like St. Patrick's Day and Passover? Please share your nail art ideas, my daughters and I are always looking for something fun to try next!

To connect with Sally Hansen like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter @SallyHansen.
To connect with Walgreens like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter @Walgreens.

For more photos from my shop, check out my Google+ Album. You can also follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram at #IHeartMyNailArt.

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®and COTY. #CBias #SocialFabric.

All opinions are my own.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool! My girl and I try to do fun things with our nails as well...this looks like a great idea! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

How fun - great idea!

Kerri said...

I love painting my girls' nails! Everyone needs some Spa treatment!

Unknown said...

My daughter and I had so much fun with our mommy daughter nail play date too!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...