Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where to get gas in New Jersey - @NJGas is here to help! #NJGas




So awhile back, when gas prices were rising higher and higher every day, my husband got the twitter handle @NJGas to tweet low gas prices.

After a few months he tired of searching gas prices, and stopped.

Today, he asked me if he was getting spammed. In a single day, he had gotten 500 new followers.

I took a peek on Twitter, and realized #NJGas is trending as our fellow New Jerseyans are hunting for gas, which sadly is really hard to find, and involves long waits and civil unrest even when it is found.

So I've been tweeting with my husband from the @NJGas twitter account because with so many people looking for help to find gas, I felt we needed to. But the requests are coming in so quickly, it's hard to keep up.

But we're trying, our tiny social media contribution. And we're ever-hopeful that gas shortages are one less thing to worry about in the coming days.

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...