Thursday, November 11, 2010

Menorahs, Momtrends, and My Mother-in-Law

I want to give a big thank you to Nicole at Momtrends for including my choices in her Top Hanukkah Picks for Kids.

And next, I'd like to answer the question I know all of you are thinking: when did you start having an opinion on children's menorahs? And the truth is, I don't really have strong feelings about what menorahs children use at Hanukkah time, as long as the menorah being lighted (or faux-lighted) is not the Pottery Barn Kids Menorah. Because that menorah is the ugliest thing on the face of the earth. And Momtrends had included it on its list of great Modern Menorahs.

So of course I felt compelled to tell Momtrends how ugly the PBK menorah is, and which menorahs I thought were cute and fun alternatives. And yet, despite so many options when it comes to kiddie menorahs, I myself continue to dutifully trot out the same ugly menorah year after year because... it was a present from my mother-in-law.

What do you think? Is it in fact the ugliest menorah in the world? And, as it was a gift from my mother-in-law, should I feel guilty when it gets accidentally lost this year?

If you think this menorah should grace your home instead of the landfill, let me know and I will gladly pass it along.
And if you know of an uglier menorah, I'd love to see that, too.
Happy Hanukkah!

2 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

LOL.I love where this is going. Can't wait to see who chimes in.

Alicia @ Lactation Narration said...

I don't think it's sooo bad. We have the KidKraft one and we like it.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...