Friday, November 19, 2010

Saturday Nov. 20: Gustafer Yellowgold's Show is at Symphony Space... and we're going!

Tomorrow my kids and I are going to see the wonder that is The Gustafer Yellowgold Show at Symphony Space. We have been fans for a long time now, and this will be our second time seeing the live show. We can't wait.

Making tomorrow's trip even more exciting is that Morgan Taylor, the man behind Gustafer Yellowgold, was kind enough to answer a few questions from my daughters, Magpie and Kay:

Where were you born?In Dayton, Ohio in a suburb called Kettering.

Where do you live now?
I live up in the Catskill mountains in a little town called Kerhonkson.

Who do you live with?I live with my wife, Rachel, who helps me a lot with Gustafer stuff. She arranges all the shows and she even sings on stage with me sometimes. Our little boy, Harvey, also lives with us. He's 2-and-a half and loves to draw and sing, too.
Photo credit of family: Erin Patrice O'Brien


What 's your favorite song of yours?
Probably one of the new ones from the upcoming Infinity Sock DVD. Maybe the one called Beehive.

What's your favorite song by someone else?
I have many favorite songs. It's too hard to pick one because there is not one single song that satisfies every bit of what I enjoy about music. I do love the Beatles though. Their song Getting Better from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band is one I will never tire of hearing.

What's your favorite place to go or thing to do?Getting to have fun family time with Harvey and Rachel, anywhere, anytime. And I love what I do with making Gustafer DVDs. I'm so lucky that I get to draw and sing and play music. All the things I Iove, all wrapped up in one.

We can't thank Morgan Taylor enough for taking the time to tell us a little about himself and his family. And of course, we also are very thankful for the magic that is Gustafer Yellowgold, Slimothy, Forrest Applecrumbie and the rest of the mellow gang.

In small world stories, the next stop for Gustafer Yellowgold's Show is my hometown of McLean, Virginia. They're playing at 3pm on Sunday, November 21 at the McLean Community Center as part of the McLean Kids Series. If you're lucky enough to be in Northern Virginia this Sunday, I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon. Especially if I went to Captain Pell's after the show.

A quick disclosure: I was lucky enough to win four tickets to Gustafer Yellowgold's Show from The Culture Mom, but I was a fan of the friendly creature from the sun long before, and these opinions are all my own.

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...