Friday, November 4, 2011

Now here's a word I should use more often in conversation


This post is proof of why NaBloPoMo is not ideal - here I am feeling I must post something, but how many of you really want to have a vocabulary lesson on a Friday night, even if it's to learn a totally awesome new word like Jeremiad?

And what about all of you who already know this word, which means my post adds absolutely NOTHING to your life.

I had a great post ready to go right now. But it turns out that Blogger has decided it's not uploading any photos tonight. And the post was really nothing without the photos. 

I wondered if I would be able to skip a post tonight - due to the technical difficulties - and still be true to NaBloPoMo. Surely other people have been prevented from posting due to tetchy Internet connections and uncooperative blog platforms, no?

What do you think, does a technical difficulty give you a pass? Or is the point of NaBloPoMo to find a way, any way, to get that post up every day for the month?

And also...do you have a word you totally wish you used more in conversation?

3 comments:

Diane S said...

Thanks for introducing me to a new word! I'm not sure I'll be using it much, but it's nice to increase my vocab, since most of my day is spent with a four year old!

My favorite word is "dissipate." I'm not sure why, but I just like it. I use it whenever it's appropriate.

Have a great weekend!

Jackie Paulson said...

http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://www.nablopomo.com/blogrolls
it's ok to take a break... I am in this too with you at http://thebloggingvalley.wordpress.com is my day 4
~Jackie

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

A serious high five for you on doing Nanoblopo. I'm in the midst of Nanowrimo and the cliff is looking really appealing to me right now. Oh wait, am I being dramatic this Saturday morning. Yes, yes I am.=)

I wish I could use the word pulchritude more often.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...